Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ashish G Shanbhag
Dr. Ashish G Shanbhag, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spartanburg, SC, with another office in Woodbridge, VA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Shanbhag is affiliated with Spartanburg Medical Center and Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ashish G Shanbhag has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
My mom is the one who goes in for pain. The entire staff is wonderful. They are very patient and caring. We saw Michelle during at last visit. She was amazing. Answered all of our questions and suggested somethings and most importantly, she never looked at her watch to rush us out of there. She even spoke my neice briefly about gymnastics.
Dr. Seems nice, he is fast and when your in pain it's hard to be quick to answer questions so fast and thorough. Every office is different but I didn't feel it was a consult, because mri and x-rays were not reviewed before talking and meds were prescribed before all medical records were received. I only say that because certain pain meds are not good for the problem I have. Having paper work filled out is a bit unusual, I've never had to write a letter saying what I want, seems pretty cut and dry to fill out disability papers at least the last 3 Doctors have not needed this. Staff was knowledgeable, but good thing I don't have a problem with asking a lot of questions. When you have never went to a pain Doctor before and don't know what to expect this can really make you feel lost.
Dr. Shanbhag is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Ashish G Shanbhag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ashish G Shanbhag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.