Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ashish Sharma has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ashish Sharma has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ashish Sharma has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
Dr ash sharma is knowlegeble with a great bedside manner. I am 41 yrs old & have severe asthma high bp, cholesterol, chronic pain, gall stones. He helps me cope w/ my problems & actually makes me laugh. Love his staff always there for me & will make an appt for me even when he's backed up. I hate going to my dr's but actually look forward 2 seeing dr s & his staff. He explains & answers questions & is sympathetic & has empathy 4 his paitents. Something many dr's need 2 learn.
I love Dr. Sharma. He has been my doctor for over 10 years. He took care of my mom who lost her battle to cancer. But my fav memory is the day I took her into his office and she of course was in pain and of course did not want to go on any longer. When doc was going to up her pain med, she looked at him and asked, cant you give me something to.... He hugged her and cried with her and said, I cant do that Joan. The next day, he was MY DOCTOR TOO! He is the best doctor in Las Vegas. Henderson area. And a very compassionate man as well. I recommend him to everyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Ashish Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ashish Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.