Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ashok D'Souza
Dr. Ashok D'Souza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. D'Souza is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division, St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital and St Vincent's Midtown Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ashok D'Souza has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ashok D'Souza is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Disgraceful. He runs his practice like a stockyard, and the patients are the cows. Just get through the chute as fast as possible and don't slow him down with medical problems, questions, or even requests for needed tests.I'd give him zero stars if I could.His assistant on the other hand was very nice and frankly of the two should be the one practicing medicine.
Dr. D'Souza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
St. Clare`s Hospital & Health Ctr.
St. Luke`s Hospital
23 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ashok D'Souza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.