Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ashokkumar G Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Nutritional Support
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I called several Dr's that did the bioTE pellet injections for natural hormone replacement and picked him because of the location and his price was about 50.00 cheaper .biote is not covered on insurance. He let me get my blood work drawn at my reg. Dr's office where I could get my labs covered on my Ins. Which was a BIG help . The review from a woman in 2010 did not like that he had alternative solutions posted on his walls , but I found th to be very informative ! I even took pics where I could read them all later. He has a picture of him and Suzanne Summers and sells her book about how alternative medicine cured her of breadt cancer ! I will continue to use him. He does several different treatments for all kinds of diseases and illnesses.
this dr. was the wierdest dr, make that person i"ve ever met! i listed him as my pcm for tricare only bc i was 36 weeks pregant and had just moved and needed to be seen to get a referral to my obgyn. i only went to him once, and was too afraid to go back. my husband was deployed so i was alone and wished dearly that i hadn"t been! nothing happened but he wasn't very smart. i mean i know obstetrics is not his specailty but i would expect any health care provider to know the gestation of pregnancy is 40 weeks. ask any mnom she knows! he asked my due date and how far along i was then asked me how much longer that meant i had to go??? really u r the dr. u should be able to tell me that! i had a smart alec response like far enough along to have this baby on your table if he didn't hurry up. he was also appparently very hindu or muslim and believed in alternative medicine. heis walls were cluttered in (outdated) emails and web page printouts of different things you can do to prevent deseases and different herbal treatments for things. not to mention his office was about 120 degrees inside< in the dead of winter! i hate when doctors offices r too cold< but the heat in there i almost died from heat exhaustion while i took a nap waiting the hour and a half for him to come in the room. if i could give him half stars or negative stars i would!
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Ashokkumar G Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAshokkumar Gordhanbhai Patel Md, 500 N Highway 67, Cedar Hill, TX
Dr. Ashokkumar G Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Hill, TX.