Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ashok J Kar has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Ashok J Kar has the following 11 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Male Infertility
Dr. Ashok J Kar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Kar performed my HIFU procedure for prostate cancer over a year ago. I have always found him to be up on the latest procedures available. Dr. Kar came highly recommended to me by a family member. Being treated by Dr. Kar is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I would recommend him and his caring staff to anyone looking for a quality urologist in a quality office.
I recently had was scheduled to visit DR. Kar who comes highly recommended from the staff where I was last seen. As I walked in I was greeted by a very professional receptionist by the name of Veronica. She assured that I was taken care of and made me feel welcomed as I waited for the doctor to see me. Was very polite and receptive to my immediate needs. I normally hate going to the doctors but after the way I was treated I really appreciated how professional the staff of Dr. Kar treated me and I wanted to really share that Veronica was very nice. Thanks DR. KAR!!
Good doctor but disorganized and rude front office. Scheduled a ultrasound I showed on time waited nearly 2 hours to learn the staff had forgotten I was there and tech had left so I had to reschedule. The room needed cleaning. The staff was immature and shopping on the Internet talking on their cell phones about everything but business. Malfunctioning equipment required my return. Will not return. advised my GP who referred Kar, he is no longer referring.
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Dr. Ashok J Kar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAshok J Kar MD, 1310 W Stewart Dr Ste 402, Orange, CA
Dr. Ashok J Kar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.