Dr. Ashok M Patel Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Ashok M Patel?

First office visit

My first office visit was a fiasco girl at window said I had no appointment even after I showed her the paper work from the hospital and the conformation paper from them. She squeezed me in after sitting in the tiny waiting room for almost one and a half hours. Saw the Dr all of 8 minutes, he asked how I was, all the while looking at he's computer did adjust my med's after I asked him to.Will keep next appointment but will by looking for some one else if do not get some type conversation from him. Yes I do agree with one of the reviews I read about this being a pill mill. In my wait in the waiting room two patients were talking a both said they couldn't wait to get get their r/x and leave, they spent probably 5-10 min total in the office.

Awful Dr, I cannot believe he has a degree in psychiatry or even medicine. He isn't interested in helping you, gets you in and out in 2 minutes and offers no recommendations. The office staff terrible, don't answer phone, hang up on you, don't return voicemails.

Takes his time when you ask for it

Great Doctor!!! When you are in need of help he is there for you. Its your choice to go in and have nothing to say.

Student

I agree with others on this doctor as far as not looking at the patient, only at his computer, maybe he doesn't want to make the person uncomfortable. But yes he says once a month follow up where the other doctors are 3 months, do that's a greedy Indian thing. Now that I have insurance, going back to my old Doctor, he was so kind. Wish I had never left . However I would not say he is awful, polite but not so open, that could be his personality. The office staff is pretty awful.

Dr. Patel's demeanor was pompos and condisending. He made it obvious that he viewed me as inferior intellually and incenuatated that my prior Psychrist was less than competent. He talked about altering the dosage on a couple of my medications, when I asked him if he could write down the changes, he "huffed", grabbed the bottled and wrote the changes on the bottles. It was all I could do not to not tell him how unprofessional his behavior is perceived.

Worst, avoid at all costs.

Cattle call medicine

When calling this very large, poorly staffed, wholesale medical pracetice, you will wait on hold 5 to 10 minutes before speaking to a staff member. Dr. Patel comes across as disinterested. If your pharmacy calls for refill authorization, neither they nor you will receive the courtesy of a return call.

I understand a psychiatrist is not a therapist. A psychiatrist needs to have an idea what's going on their patients life though. If a psychiatrist and a therapist of a patient who is struggling could work together and converse. I truly believe this gives all parties involved would benefit enormously.

Patient

Ashok Patel is the worst Psychiatrist I have ever had. He has a terrible bed side manner. He is stupid, and rude!!! He thinks he's intelligent, but he isn't intelligent enough to know that he is in the wrong profession!

Avoid

This doctor is one of the most unprofessional and overall,poor mental health specialist that I have ever been unfortunate enough to have encountered. He is clearly insurance driven, lacks any compassion, refused to work or speak to any of my existing providers, and not once looked at me- instead focused on his computer. I could not recommend to anyone.

Avoid this doctor at all costs.

This doctor has horrible bedside manner. He barely looked at me during the interview; his face was glued to the computer screen. I walked out with the script, but I went home and shredded it. I wasn't there to get medicated. I was there to receive help, and I was hoping that the doctor would be open to further work-up...not a prescription for psychotropic meds. I would NEVER recommend him in this lifetime. Why did he become a doctor if he can't even pretend to like people?

Nice man

this doctor is very professional, he asks you how can he help you when you go to the hospital or when in his office although I was only seen by him once in the office before he referred me to hisinterns or