Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ashraf Abou-Zamzam
Dr. Ashraf Abou-Zamzam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Abou-Zamzam is affiliated with Huntington Hospital, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles and John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Ashraf Abou-Zamzam has the following 4 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
While pediatricians are typically the go-to resource when your child gets sick, more serious conditions require special care and closer monitoring. A pediatric critical care specialist works in a hospital setting to treat, diagnose and care for children with chronic conditions.
They're trained to examine and treat children using unique methods and equipment in order to provide a more comfortable experience. A reaction due to asthma or diabetes, a serious injury from an accident, or on-going symptoms due to a serious disease are some reasons your child might end up in a pediatric intensive care unit.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Ashraf Abou-Zamzam is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Abou-Zamzam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
17 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Ashraf Abou-Zamzam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
LA Care Health
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions4650 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Ashraf Abou-Zamzam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.