Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma
Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Lawn, IL. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abourahma is affiliated with Advocate Christ Medical Center and Little Company Of Mary Hospital. Dr. Abourahma has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.<br>Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma has the following 16 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Holter monitoring
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma - Posted on November 17th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018, 2014, 2012, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Abourahma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma
I prevent and treat cardiac and peripheral vascular diseases (circulation problems). Each patient is unique and care will be tailored to their needs.
Locations & DirectionsDR ASHRAF ABOURAHMA MD LTD, 5702 W 95th St Ste B, Oak Lawn, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Oak Lawn, IL, in this video.
Dr. Ashraf H Abourahma is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.