Dr. Ashraf Mikhail Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Ashraf Mikhail?

Posted on November 10th, 2016

It's a great practice with a wonderful Dr. They treat you with respect and don't make you wait all day.

The best

Posted on October 2nd, 2015

I can only imagine that the people who wrote the reviews above didn't get the drugs they were looking for, because this doctor isn't stupid. Race shouldn't come into anything. Also, they haven't run the crisis center or been affiliated with the crisis center in like 3-4 years. Lastly, if Dr. Mikhail and his people weren't there, where would all these people, including me and my family, go for help. It's not a meatmarket, it's a doctor trying to help his community, as many of them as he can. My family is lucky to go to Dr. Mikhail. He and his staff are so helpful, and take care of us. Sometimes the waiting room gets a little crowded, but I'll deal with it to see the best doc in town.

Money hungry dope dealer

Posted on June 14th, 2015

I had been seeing Dr Mikhail for a couple years. The time came when I thought he should start to wean me off some of the multiple medications. He advised me that I needed to stay on them longer and if I stopped now we would have to start from the beginning again. I took it upon myself to make out a 3 month schedule to wean myself off everything. By the time I was finished I felt so much better. I could finally think clearly and wasn't falling asleep while eating with a bite of food in my mouth. Even though I stopped the medication I continued to see my therapist. About a year after stopping all the meds I found that my mood was still in a depressed state. I had many things going on in my life that was causing serious anxiety. I was telling my therapist about all this and she had told me that the docs office was closed but he would be available to prescribe 2 of my previous meds for depression n anxiety at the crisis center beside the hospital. I drove there and was instructed that I needed to fill out a questionnaire even though I told the nurse I only needed to see my previous doc to prescribe my meds to me. At the conclusion of the questionnaire she informed r that the doctor wasn't there even though my therapist had called beforehand to see if he would b available. The next thing I knew I was being transported to Brynn Marr Behavioral Hospital. I called my husband to meet me there. Upon arriving we spoke with an intake specialist. I told him I did not want to stay there but he told me he would have a court order there within the next 30 minutes n I wouldn't b able to leave. I remember there was one of those round black video coverage cameras in the corner of the ceiling. So the intake guy left the office but he had an officer stay in the room with us. When he returned he said the order was on its way n told my husband what the rules were about visitation n dress code. Then he told my hisband he needed to leave then. I knew they weren't allowed to keep me there without a court order in hand but they lied to my husband n he left. I proceeded to struggle with the officer n intake worker while they were trying to take me to a room where they do a body check. After that embarrassment I was stuck in a room with a odd lady who stood at the end of the bed I was sitting in and just stood there and stared at me. I cried all night long. After I was initially told that they would b able to give me my opiate pain medications for some very chronic painful areas in my spine when I asked the nurse for my nightly dosage of night time meds she informed me they weren't allowed to give me the meds I had been on thru my pain management doc for the last year. From not having the pain meds my pain level got to the point that I would vomit because it wasn't controlled. I could have started having seizures from immediately stopping taking them just like they did. Since I had no pain relief at all while I was there for a week I couldn't eat because of the vomiting. I was having anxiety attacks. I couldn't sleep at night from the pain. I was going through withdrawals and they didn't care in the least bit. Two woman befriended me and requested if I could b moved to their room which the staff allowed. Dr Mikhail and his associate started me on the very medication I had came to him looking to b put back on before he told them to admit me there. If it hadn't been for those two kind ladies I would b in a complete nightmare. Now the nurse who was there when they admitted me, she witnessed the officer n the intake worker fight me down to the floor with their full weight on top of me while I was having a severe anxiety attack. She was also the nurse who had to do the body search and take things I had on me which weren't allowed. She also took me to my first room and was my nurse for the rest of the night trying to console my crying. This sweet nurse eventually told me that they never did get a court order to keep me there. She told me I needed to write out a grievance paper n turn it into the hospital staff. I did so and the next day I received a visit from the facilities attorney. He advised me to write out another letter demanding to release me. During this whole week which just so happened to b Christmas my husband was on the outside doing what he could to get me released. He wrote a letter to the administrator stating our attorney would b contacting him about my release. Within 15 minutes of my husband doing that the staff came to the room to get me so I could leave. The help of the one nurse was invaluable to me. I was later told by the hospitals attorney on the down n low that this particular nurse just so happened to contact the owner of the facility and filled him in on my whole story. I'll b forever grateful to her. I know this whole week of torment and pain was due to money hungry thieves. If they know you have insurance it's a sure thing you'll end up being committed against your will. It's a sad way to mess with a person who was only looking to have her doctor put her back on the Cymbalta I was previously taking and then committ me to the terrors of this facility for a week. There r no words of apology from that facility that could possibly make me feel better over the craziness of what took place that week. I had a week of my life taken away from me that week and I'll never b able to forget how I was treated while being there. My only hope is that someone might read this review n after reading it decide they DO NOT want to go to this doctor or his African American associate that works at the facility as well. Save yourself your sanity.

Pscyhiatric doctor that deserves to have license permanantly revoked.

Posted on June 11th, 2015

Commits people for no reason except scamming them for money. Incorrectly diagnoses patinents after the first and only five seconds of probing them. Prescribes the opposite medicines to their diagnosis. Mikhail G Ashraf came to america only intent on ruining american lives with psychiatric scams.

DO NOT GO HERE!!

Posted on September 20th, 2014

The reviews are true!! He loads patients up with multiple medicines with less than 5 mins of talking to them. My friend is addicted to multiple meds now and is contemplating rehab to detox. I went there myself and literally told him what meds I would like to try (even though the med I asked for something was for a condition I absolutely did not have). And he gave it to me in less than 2mins of talking to him. He didn't even ask me why I thought I should take it or anything. His license should be revoked. He is harming people!!

stay away from him

Posted on April 22nd, 2014

Many years ago as a "fellow" at DHMC in Hanoer, Dr. Mikhail diagnosed my 8 year old as psychotic based on a 5 minute evaluation in which he backed my son into a corner (literally) and asked if he was hearing voices. He immediately wanted to hospitalize him at a hospital that was for adults 15 hrs away from my home. He proudly proclaimed that he had diagnosed hundreds of psychotic children in an early position in NYC. I refused to comply with the medication or judgement of this quack. A second evaluation two days after by an experienced psychiatrist was that my son is clearly not psychotic. I regret to see that this man still practices medicine, and judging by the comments, is still providing serious diagnoses based on a 5-minute evaluation. Stay away from him. He doesn't deserve any stars whatsoever.

Posted on January 6th, 2014

He listens!!!

The Best of the Best...Dr. Mikhail

Posted on December 11th, 2013

Thank you Dr. Mikhail for being the consummate professional. Not only is Dr.M extremely intelligent and well educated but his naturally ability to bond with children is uncanny. He may have a very large office but he has chosen to have only the best staff to accompany him on his apparent mission to improve the mental health and in turn the quality of life of those in the community. He makes it very obvious that he genuinely cares for his patients and families making himself available far more than anyone Dr. should. He has saved my family from many a tragedy, from a teen being on the edge of suicide, to a husband and father struggling with addiction to the depths of despair of Narcolepsy. Dr. Mikhail and his staff have been a gift from God to our family and you can trust they can be to yours as well....thank you Dr.M and CCNC!!!

This man has so much coming his way and I hope he's ready.

Posted on March 17th, 2013

I can only hope that his license will be revoked as soon as possible because he is destroying innocent patients lives by diagnosing pretty much everyone with bipolar with a 4 year old kid. He seems like a nice caring psychiatrist at first but you know when it's not right when he spends only 3 min to talk to you and the next thing you know he loads you up with a lot of medicines. Not only that but I was even given Trileptal which is for epilepsy when I don't even have one. I was lucky enough to have a right common sense and I switch a psychiatrist. I was with Mikhail for months just to be on meds that are not even right for my symptoms and to come off of it was a nightmare. When I went see a new psychiatrist and psychologist, that's where I learned about his infamous actions that's been destroying patient lives. Really, I was infuriated enough about what he's done to me but he's been doing this to so many other people and kids... I heard investigation has been called and now they are looking for evidence and all and I am not sure if they will be able to get his license revoked but I pray it will happen one day so that innocent kids don't have to go through h*** for nothing. It's really messed up when someone with such power takes advantage of mentally challenged people and try to make money out of it. Really the lowest thing you can do. I hope someone reads my review and do a little research not just online but locally ask people around and decide it for her/himself.

Drive througj Psychiatry

Posted on March 30th, 2011

It is bad when a physician is known as a drive through. In and out, dyagnosed and meds with spending less than 20 minutes with a person.

Posted on March 11th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Mikhail for several years. He said I am Bipolar, depressed, OCD, ADHD, and high anxiety. I was put on Lithium (which your doc is suppose to have your Lithium levels checked a lot when on it to keep from getting toxic) and I had only 3 Lithium level check in several years. 2 were because I felt toxic on it and I was. Also Lamictal, Abilify, Seroquel, Effexor, sleeping meds, Xanax, and many others I can't even think of right now. He use to be great and listen and now he's got a big head. If you take Lithium, get your levels checked a lot, being toxic on it is an awful feeling.

Patient of 7 years

Posted on November 17th, 2010

I began seeing Dr. Mikhail when he opened his new practice and I was caring for foster children. I was unhappy with the care they were receiving in other practices in town. I found that Dr. Mikhail was patient to sit and listen to the children and work with them and me and discover what the true problem was. It took several months of theory with the drugs but we did get the right mixture going for the kids and it worked wonders for them. Dr. Mikhail has always been there whenever I needed here to help resolve what ever the issue large or small. Our family owes him a great gratitude of debt :). Thanks Dr. M :)