Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ashraf S Mostafa has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ashraf S Mostafa has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ashraf S Mostafa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
After spending 2 years with a JH PC who was grossly negligent of my care, I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr Ashraf Mostafa. This doctor has done more for my health in 2 months that the prior PC had neglected to do in 2 years! Dr Mostafa is a excellent listener. Compassionate, Caring and kind with an excellent bedside manner. He always follows up with me no matter day or night. I am so glad to have been blessed with a doctor who cares for his patients' needs like Dr Mostafa!
Very small practice. Basically just Dr. Mostafa and maybe an assistant who also serves as secretary in the office, handling all of the chores. Often times she won't be in or be around so contacting the office isn't always easy. Not sure why he doesn't hire extra help, or at least find someone to fill in for her when she's not in (which happens a lot).
Dr.Mostafa is one of the best internal doctors I know. He cares very deeply for his patients and is very compassionate. I would recommend him to any one.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1984
Maryland General Hospital
Dr. Ashraf S Mostafa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAshraf S Mostafa Md, 7505 Osler Dr Ste 208, Towson, MD
Dr. Ashraf S Mostafa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.