Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aswinkumar J Joshi has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
I went to my Dr (Joshi) with a severely swollen throat. My tonsil was black and bleeding. It felt as if I was swollowing broken glass and my speech was garbled. I asked for some pain medicine and was given 50 mg of Tramadol to take four times a day. 24 hours later the Tramadol has done nothing to improve the pain and I'm unable to get out of work. Dr. Joshi insisted (via a staff memeber) that the tramadol was enough and he wouldn't give me anything more powerful. They made me feel like a drug seeker. The strongest pescription that I've received from him in the past 5 years was 10mg muscle relaxer for a stiff neck (2x)and 500mg naproxen for foot pain (2x). I looked up Tramadol and it is for long time use for arthritus. Not something I'd think would be prescribed for a (temporary but severe) sore throat! I'm now going to the ER because I have no doubt that once they see my throat I will be given something to relieve my pain. I will be finding a new Dr., immediately!
Dr. Joshi's staff is great, he on the other hand not so great. Found out that he does illegal billing. If you go to him make sure you check your explanation of benefits when they come in the mail. Your insurance gets charged and you haven't been there. He is very rude to his staff. Have heard him degrade them in front of patients, and also complain about other patients. BEWARE OF THIS DR.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Central Iowa Health System
Dr. Aswinkumar J Joshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aswinkumar J Joshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arnold, MO.