Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asif Farooqi has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
For a brief time, about 12 years ago, Dr. Farooqui was our family Dr, . This man was unprofessional, unskilled on many levels. He was supposed to examine my youngest son, and instead, he sent in a "colleague", actually his wife, who said my son's tonsils were swollen...really? I said, He had them removed already! After telling Dr Farooqui about this, he became defensive and angry. After we changed doctors, he told the new physicians office that I was a doctor shopper looking for drugs. That's funny, because I never asked for or received any scripts for pain killers and only took asipirin! I found out he confused me with my neighbor who actually was an opium acdict and I drove her to appointments, and he stupidly revealed her personal medical info to my doctor. That's pretty bad when a doctor confuses patients and gives personal MISINFORMATION over a phone to another doctor out of spite. I should have sued this quack for defamation of character and giving poor quality of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Asif Farooqi accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Asif Farooqi in this video.
Dr. Asif Farooqi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.