Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asim J Khattak has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Asim J Khattak has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 15
Dr.Khattak is a physician that writes prescriptions for narcotic pain medications, called pain management. He shares an office with Gateway, a different affiliate. Many of his patients are referred by Gateway physicians in the same office. His patients have to come back every month for pain medication refills. Patients are being treated like criminals, who are not trusted to have narcotic pain medication refills. Dr. Khattack makes recommendations that are not supported by medical tests. A patient in the waiting room said he gave him injections in the knees, and there wasn't anything wrong with his knees. Now his knees hurt. Another patient in the waiting room said he suggested surgery, but he is not a surgeon. He leaves his patients in the waiting room everyday; he leaves the ofice at a certain time everyday, and goes to a prayer meeting. They have to wait for him to return to the office to finish his appointments. Nice talk, and a joking sense of humor, and wanting to get to know you, does not make a physician a good doctor. I will not be back..
Wonderful caring doctor.I will keep him as my doctor for this very reason!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Khattak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Marshall University School Of Medicine
Dr. Asim J Khattak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Asim J Khattak in this video.
Dr. Asim J Khattak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lynn Haven, FL.