Is Dr. Asma M Ayub the right Doctor for you?
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Asma M Ayub MD
Dr. Asma M Ayub, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmhurst, IL, with another office in Addison, IL. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Ayub is affiliated with Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Main Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Asma M Ayub has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Asma M Ayub has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Asma M Ayub has the following 8 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Dr. Asma M Ayub is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Asma M Ayub - Posted on December 12th, 2018
I had recently seen Dr. Ayub because I was looking for a new primary care doctor. I asked her and the nurse at the beginning of the appointment to not talk to me about my weight because I have a history of eating disorders. Of course, the doctor starts to talk to me about it after I asked her not to. Then the nurse comes in and tell me that I gained 50 pounds in one month. Which doesn't make any sense to me because my clothes have become very baggy on me and I wasn't even weighed last month. The nurse kept pressing on after I told her I was getting upset. I felt that the focus of the appointment became about my weight and not about me as a person. I left very angry, and of course, now I am exhibiting signs of an eating disorder again. Also, Dr. Ayub tried to shrug off many of my health concerns and didn't really listen to what I had to say. I've had so many negative experiences with Elmhurst Hospital that I've given up to seeing any of the doctors there. I pray that others maybe have a better and more positive experience than I have.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Asma M Ayub - Posted on February 9th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ayub is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Asma M Ayub Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Asma M Ayub is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.