Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Astier M Alem MD
Dr. Astier M Alem, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kirkland, WA, with other offices in Kirkland, WA and Kirkland, WA (and 1 other location). She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Astier M Alem has 4 locations
13030 121st Way NE Ste 102
Kirkland, WA 98034
11327 NE 120th St
Kirkland, WA 98034
11903 NE 128th St Ste B
Kirkland, WA 98034
Book Online Now
Dr. Astier M Alem has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Astier M Alem has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. Astier M Alem is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Poor in urgent situations.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Astier M Alem - Posted on July 7th, 2017
Fine with routine visits. Very poor response to urgent phone messages or situations. One office staff member rigid, even rude. When I changed doctors, it took 6 weeks to get copy of my medical records and that was after written request and two written reminders of request. HIPPA requires records be provided In 30 days.
Avoid this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Astier M Alem - Posted on February 3rd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Astier M Alem - Posted on October 1st, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
26 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Astier M Alem Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Astier M Alem, MD - Nephrology in Kirkland, WA, in this video.
Dr. Astier M Alem is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kirkland, WA.