Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Astrid Gutsmann has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 47
Dr Gutsmann is very knowledgeable, professional & personable. She takes time to do a thorough examine, AND, explains things in easy to understand terms. Also, her office staff members are friendly & efficient. Dr Gutsmann is a Rare Gem Of a Doctor, these days. I have full confidence & respect for her as, MY Doctor. She gets 5 Stars.
Doctor Gutsmann is sort of a "one man show" when it comes to care in Dallas. Its not that her staff is bad, its that everyone in Dallas is trying to get in to see her and they are overwhelmed. Once you get in to the room, you will get the best , most intelligent care in Dallas. For hormones and thyroid, you are wasting your time in Dallas going elsewhere. Her husband is constantly trying to improve their processes, but honestly her waiting room is filled with folks who have graves or lives destroyed by hashimotos. If you are looking for a quick visit with someone who doesn't know what they are doing, go elsewhere. If you want someone who is a 4 star EXPERT in hormones and thyroid balancing, She's the best in Dallas.
I LOVE Dr. Gutsmann! She is GREAT with a super caring honest and open bedside manner. Having said that, while her office staff IS professional, they just never seem to know what's going on OR how to move people in and out of the examining rooms. Dr. Gutsmann needs to instill some of her German efficiency in the workings of her front office staff!
Dr. Gutsmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Astrid Gutsmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllen Dr Careing, 411 E McDermott Dr, Allen, TX
Dr. Astrid Gutsmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allen, TX.