Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Astrid Mendoza has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 40
We had two births with Dr. Mendoza, the first she did not attend but we incorrectly blamed timing and circumstances. After the second, we realized it was her M.O. This time she even lied about not seeing our birth plan so she could do things her way. She only phoned in to yell at me, while my wife was in a calm meditative, natural delivery. Rude and condescending, she tried to force bed rest while delivery was coming quickly. She ended up skipping the delivery because it didn't happen on her schedule and under her control. She lied on multiple occasions and this opinion was corroborated by the nursing staff, who by good luck, was amazing. We used to recommend Torrance Memorial, but we were completely wrong. The leadership and medical staff is top down procedure over science, they are stuck in the past supporting belief over statistics. They do not respect their patients' wishes at all and even force unproven and painful delivery procedures. A horrible hospital and we had the worst O.B. there, and while the remodel will make the place look modern, it's a sanatorium.
I had a good experience with Dr. Mendoza before I had kids. But my experience with her changed after I had my baby. She pushes for you to use pain medication, she wants you to adapt to her schedule, is quick to offer an episiotomy when not needed, promises to respect her patient's wishes but doesn't follow through, her bedside manner is very bad, she became very cold if you have any questions, never even asked for the baby or how I was feeling. In summary, Dr. Mendoza is a good gynecologist but a very bad OB.
Dr. Mendoza became my OB when I became pregnant and has stayed my GYN because of her wondeful bedside manner, educated experience for a new mom like me and young woman. I would never consider another OB/GYN. She doesn't spend a lot of time with you (she is a doctor!) but if you have questions or concerns she will answer and address them right then and there. Love love love her!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2013, 2009, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013, 2015, 2014, 2008, 2010, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
27 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Catholic Medical Center Of Brooklyn & Queens
Dr. Astrid Mendoza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Specialist, 4201 Torrance Blvd Ste 780, Torrance, CA
Dr. Astrid Mendoza is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Torrance, CA.