Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Atara Stahl has the following 7 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Atara Stahl has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I started seeing Dr. Stahl a few months ago upon the string recommendation of my therapist, for a med evaluation of my depressive and anxious symptoms. She got me right away. I was so impressed with her- beautiful office, warm and approachable demeanor, very obvious intelligence and knowldge of knowledge of psychopharmacology and most up to date data. I felt so instantly comfortable and trusted her completely right away. She was able to get me on the right meds and worked so closely with my therapist and internist to make sure that her care was thorough and coordinated with my other providers. I understand why people rave about her and why she unfortunately often has a wait list to be seen. If you can get in to see her, it is so worth it. She is truly the best out there, and also clearly a person with such high personal standard of care and who is so dedicated to her patients. I can't say enough about this psychiatrist. Feel very lucky I got in to see her and that she is now my doctor.
Dr. Stahl is one of the best doctors and people I've ever met. She is obviously incredibly smart but is understated in such a nice way. I feel at ease during my sessions (which isn't usual for me - I see her for anxiety) and I've been able to work with her to adjust my medications in just the right way. I haven't felt this well in a long time, and I owe it to her.
Dr. Stahl is just the best. I have been treated by her since 2009-2010, when she happened (my good luck!) to take a one year job as the staff psychiatrist in my undergrad mental health center during my senior year (luckily I graduated right when she moved on to doing solo private practice so I was able to come with her and have been with her ever since.) What are the odds that you find the best psychiatrist EVER at your college mental health center? She always puts her patients first, she makes you feel like you are her only patient because she gives you that kind of care and attention, and simply just being with her makes me feel better. I trust her completely because I know how smart and careful she is. I feel like I just found a one in a million great doctor in such an unlikely place and now, years later, I think back and just feel so grateful to my college for bringing her to me!!!
I have seen and been disappointed by so many psychiatrists during my struggles with anxiety and my personal relationships. I was starting to feel completely hopeless, and then I met with Dr. Stahl. She is a kind person, a great listener, and really really smart . I am now (finally!) feeling great. I couldn't possibly be happier with this doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions577 1st Ave, New York, NY
Atara Stahl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.