Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Atef F Wasef has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have seen this doctor a few times and everything was going good till I had an allergic reaction to an injection. It was very scary and I had to be taken to the hospital. The next time I saw him they did a drug test. The drug test was negative and I was drooped from the program. I did not understand why. I even said I would bring my pain medication in so they could see I had it. I honesty think he dropped me because he is scared I am going to get a lawyer.
Funny how lawyer only has good thing to say about this doc? He does not take time to listen to patient, an put me on a medication that is giving bad side effects. I contacted him an disregarded my concern an the major side effects the script said to contact the doc on immediately should side effects occure. It was apparent he cared less though my mind is going insane. he's been a doctor too long take care anymore find another if you want appropriate medical attention !
I have seen this doctor a couple of times. He discharged me from the practice because I had a negative drug urine test. I told him i did take my medications, but he would not take me back as a patient. I had a hair folicle test done and it showed my medication levels over 3 months and he still did not take me back. He is a poor excuse for a Doctor. I thought people in the medical area are there to help heal Its seem all he likes is his 1200 dollars per injection.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Wasef is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1987
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Atef F Wasef accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAultman Hospital, 2600 6th St SW, Canton, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Atef F Wasef in this video.
Dr. Atef F Wasef is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canton, OH.