Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Athanasios Mallios
Dr. Athanasios Mallios, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Mallios is affiliated with Slrhc Faculty Practice, Mount Sinai Brooklyn and Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division. Dr. Mallios has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Athanasios Mallios has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Athanasios Mallios has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Athanasios Mallios has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Athanasios Mallios is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Let me start with this phrase, this piece of work doctor is off on Friday and has to get of the phone, he said "you have been sick for two years, you can wait a weekend." I don't know who he's paying to leave great review on here, but please DO NOT waste your time on this guy. I'm thinking about filling a law suit for this negligence. His entire staff is rude and he's a chauvinistic pig who should not deal with sick people. I had to request a proper test for having breathing problem, the only thing this guy did was keep taking blood tests over and over again and of course came up with nothing. For a lung problem!!!!! What a moron.
Dr. Mallios is one of a kind, truly the last of the mohegans. This Doctor is a real Doctor, he takes his time to find out what is ailing you, and asks questions to make sure that what is happening to you, is what is happening. This man literally saved my life after everyone else said I was fine. If you want a real doctor who is truly interested in his patient, then please make an appointment to see Dr. Mallios.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mallios is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Slrhc Faculty Practice
Mount Sinai Brooklyn
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Mt Sinai Hospital
St Lukes Hosp Roosevelt Div.
Beth Israel Hospital North Doctor`s - NY
Beth Israel Medical Center
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1973
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Athanasios Mallios accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsAthanasios Mallios MD, 15 W 72nd St, New York, NY
Dr. Athanasios Mallios is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.