Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Athanassios C Drimoussis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 34
Unconcerned with patient's concerns. Only focuses on his own ideas. No doctor-patient collaboration. When I expressed concern about my pituitary adenoma the only the advice I get is "go to the University of Virginia, if you don't want to get f***ed up" Cursing at patients is not professional! While I appreciate his confidence in their abilities.....I live in Florida! ....and like so many others, I have limited time and resources. But despite this fact he offers no other practical solution! Simply put....he's short-sighted and does not know how to communicate!
Dr Drimoussis is detailed and thorough- he explains what is going on so you can understand it. Yes, he can be difficult to understand with that Greek accent when he talks quickly but let him know and he slows down and is very clear. Has been excellent with my difficult case. Other doctors love him - he is coordinating my care across them.
This was my first and only visit. I waited over an hour to see the doctor. Once I finally got to see him I start giving him the details of my clinical background so that he can have an accurate idea. He didn't let me finish and practically told me to shut up and talk about my diabetes only. I have an adrenal gland condition and he didn't even care to discuss it with me. He was rude and didn't seem interested in helping me.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Athanassios C Drimoussis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMillennium Physician Group, 12700 Creekside Ln Ste 201, Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Athanassios C Drimoussis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.