Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Athena A Howard has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Athena A Howard has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Athena A Howard has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I've been a patient of hers for several years. One particular experience was an abnormal EKG during a pre-op evaluation. I was referred from the surgeon back to my doctor. She was very calming and reassuring, telling me she thought it was the way it was sitting in my chest. She sent me to a cardiologist who immediately alarmed me again! Lo and behold, it was exactly as Dr. Howard had said! She is gentle, non-judgmental and very knowledgable!
30 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Charleston Area Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSalem VA Medical Center, 1970 Roanoke Blvd, Salem, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Athena A Howard in this video.
Dr. Athena A Howard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, VA.