Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Atif M George has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. George is a very caring, kind, understanding person. He is very willing to spend time with patients and it's very easy to talk to him. I've been going to him for over 20 years and he has been accurate in his evaluations. My wife sees him and when my sons were younger and lived in the area, they also went to him. I trust the man. Also, and this isn't a negative reflection on him, the parking situation at his office has improved considerably.
I love seeing this doctor. He's caring, spends lots of time, and offers homeopathic remedies when I seem open to them. He's not a pill pusher. The only thing that makes me apprehensive is that he doesn't seem confident w/ the diagnosis part sometimes. But everything else is wonderful. The really big (overweight) aide is, as someone else mentioned, creepy & I don't feel at all comfortable with him touching me. But he only does blood pressure, etc so it's not a big deal. The receptionist is amazing, nice, caring. The doctor is funny, smart and very caring. The price is very reasonable, and they can usually fit you in same- or next- day. Overall, a very safe place to be seen by a very caring person. Never waited more than 4 minutes to be seen (from the time I walked in the front door until the time the doctor actually walked into the exam room) & sometimes willing to work with ppl on pmt price.
I have been seeing Dr. George for a year now. He is a very nice, caring, patient, funny man. It's easy to talk to him, he spends plenty of time in the room with me (he even sits down to talk, so I don't feel like he's ready to rush out), he jokes around sometimes (always appropriately though), and it's easy to get an appointment. They usually fit me in the same day or next day, my wait time is always under five minutes, & there are so few patients that doctor and receptionist remember patients. The aide is a little creepy, but I still go there because everything about the place is great. It's a real small office though and he doesn't have a lot of samples to give out. But I like the personalized care. The receptionist is cool. I have financial issues, and a couple times they didn't make me pay my insurance copay. Very nice people.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Atif M George accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMillennium Medical Group, 23760 Woodward Ave, Pleasant Ridge, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Atif M George in this video.
Dr. Atif M George is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pleasant Ridge, MI.