Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Atif S Iqbal has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Atif S Iqbal has the following 12 expertise
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Breast Cancer
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Colon Cancer
- Bariatric Medicine
Showing 5 of 79
Excellent Doctor with Great Skills and Very Caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atif S Iqbal - Posted on February 27th, 2018
I suffered with Achalasia which is a condition in which the muscles of the lower part of the esophagus fail to relax, preventing food from passing into the stomach. I was 1 in 100,000 to be affected by this disorder. For over 4 years I wasn't able to consume liquids and foods. I finally was able to successfully seek treatment and luckily i got sent to Dr. Iqbal's office in Fountain Valley, CA. That's where i had my consultation and met some of the nicest staff and of course Dr, Iqbal. After getting a study done to further pursue the results that come from this disorder and of course to get treatment, i was sent out to surgery. Dr Iqbal performed my surgery, along with the assistant nurses. The surgery went really well, thanks to Dr. Iqbal and the nurses. He was really involved and caring towards my well being before during and after my surgery. I felt really safe and welcomed to his assistance and care for me as a patient. I also had a follow up appointment with him and it went really well as i knew it would. He was really nice and very compassionate with me. Over all, i am really thankful for being treated by the amazing staff at Dr. Iqbal's office and by Dr. Iqbal, it was definitely a wonderful experience going there. I am really fortunate by being able to get my surgery done with Dr. Iqbal, i cannot describe how happy and satisfied i am with my over all experience with the staff and Dr. Iqbal.
Truly Incredible Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atif S Iqbal - Posted on October 24th, 2017
He is known as Dr. Iqbal but I call him Dr. Awesome; he really is. Experienced, knowledgeable, caring, honest, and everything else you expect from a wonderful physician. I had a relapse of my breast cancer a few months ago and needed a double mastectomy operation. Dr. Iqbal was there for me all the way from the beginning to end taking care of all arrangements with insurance, coordination with the doctor for the reconstruction surgery, and looking after all the details. He went out of his way to personally deal with a last-minute insurance complication. I am extremely thankful and happy with my recovery and progress in defeating my cancer.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atif S Iqbal - Posted on August 7th, 2017
Dr. Iqbal is a very caring and personable doctor. He is very up front with the diagnosis which I am sure some patients don't want to hear but you know were you stand after you discuss what is wrong. A very good many and fabulous patient bedside manners. Very caring. The thing I liked was that if I have a problem with a surgery I can call his cell phone not some service so you can wait for him to get back to you
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atif S Iqbal - Posted on July 29th, 2017
Doctor uses unsterile surgical facilities
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atif S Iqbal - Posted on February 24th, 2017
I went to get my ventral hernia fixed. This doctor did not show up for the surgery because he had an emergency and had to stay with the patient. However, I had been prepped for surgery at a surgical center that was not exactly sterile. The operating rooms were open to the hallway and the doors wide open to bacteria loaded air. I cannot respect a doctor that does not use sterile protocols for surgical interventions. Furthermore, this doctor should know better than to place patients in nonsterile medical facilities when doing open body surgical repairs. I will never go back to a doctor that puts my health on the line by risking infection due to surgery.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Atif S Iqbal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Atif S Iqbal
INSURANCES ACCEPTED: 1. Blue Shield – PPO 2. Aetna – PPO 3. Cigna – PPO 4. Humana – PPO 5. Health Net – PPO 6. Medicare 7. United Healthcare PPO or as Medicare Supplement 8. Anthem Blue Cross –PPO 9. BCBS Covered California PPO/EPO 10. Memorial MCMG – HMO 11. Greater New Port GNP 12. Sea Side IPA – HMO 13. Prospect IPA 14. Alamitos IPA 15. Brookshire IPA 16. Fountain Valley IPA – HMO 17. Lakewood IPA 18. St. Mary IPA 19. Monarch IPA 20. Health Care Partners (both Talbert MG and Arta Western) 21. Noble Mid IPA 22. Anthem Blue Cross – HMO 23. Family Choice IPA 24. Edinger Medical Group IPA
Locations & DirectionsNEW LIFE SURGERY, 18225 Brookhurst St Ste 5, Fountain Valley, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Atif S Iqbal, MD - Surgery in Fountain Valley, CA, in this video.
Dr. Atif S Iqbal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.