Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Atique A Mirza has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Atique A Mirza has the following 18 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Angiography
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Stress Testing
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atique A Mirza - Posted on January 16th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atique A Mirza - Posted on October 11th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atique A Mirza - Posted on March 30th, 2015
The best bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atique A Mirza - Posted on February 23rd, 2011
I was very impressed with the dialogue I had with Dr. Mirza. He is friendly and candid and shared details with me that were critical to my care. The details were shared at both a technical level and in a manner that I clearly understood. I understood the reasons, benefits and risks associated with the care and with prescriptions. To get this level of care along with having an efficient and friendly staff was great. I also was brought in at the time of my appointment.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2018, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2013)
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Atique A Mirza Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Atique A Mirza
Residency: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Westlake Hospital, Chicago Internship: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Grant Hospital, Chicago Fellowships: General Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship at University of Connecticut Health Center and Saint Francis Hospital, Connecticut. Non-Invasive Cardiology and Clinical trials fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston Massachusetts. Doctor Mirza joined Central Connecticut Cardiologists, LLC in 2006. He is board eligible in Cardiovascular Medicine. For the past three years he has worked with members of the practice. His areas of interest are primary and secondary risk stratification for coronary artery disease, non-invasive imaging and heart failure.
Locations & DirectionsCENTRAL CONNECTICUT CARDIOLOGISTS, 19 Woodland St Ste 35, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Atique A Mirza, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Hartford, CT, in this video.
Dr. Atique A Mirza is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hartford, CT.