Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Atman R Reyes has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 16
Unfortunately this provider and apparently the entire practice is not accepting new patients. I tried to call and schedule an appointment for my brother who is in need of help. I chose Dr. Reyes as he was referred by the insurance company and he had great reviews on line. The staff at his office was rude and not helpful at all. Brittany who answered the phone stated that they were not accepting new patients, which is fine the doctors are busy. But when I explained my situation and asked if there was anyone they could recommend she said no and ended the call. ?
I spent almost 9 years with Dr. Reyes. When my wife and I where factoring in all the variables we would booth gain and loose when we moved, Dr. Reyes was one we knew we would miss the most. Fast forward 5 years.... I volunteer for a group called National Alliance on Mental Illness. I am a facilitator for a connections support group, a B.R.I.D.G.E.S group and currently serve on the affiliate board. Yesterday, I sat on a panel at our state conference titled; the power of the peer. No one will ever know what this man did for me nor do I think I have the space or you have the time but know this; how many doctors will wait around up to 45 minutes after hours because I got stuck in traffic? How many doctors can I call anytime and let him know I am "loosing" it and he has the staff ready for me to be "checked in"? How many doctors can be soft enough to bring a spouse down to a level of comfort? The list goes on and on. I hear the constant struggles coming from many of my peers and the battles they have with providers. There have been many times I speak up and say; well, of your willing to travel 700 miles I know a great doctor. Trust me, if my wife and I had the money to travel every 2-3 months he would still be my doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Atman R Reyes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAtman R Reyes MD, 893 Patriot Dr Ste A, Moorpark, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Atman R Reyes in this video.
Dr. Atman R Reyes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Moorpark, CA.