Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Atul A Gawande has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Atul A Gawande has the following 6 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Thyroid Cancer
Dr. Atul A Gawande has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
It is very powerful, affecting, giving information and mainly narrating personal experiences, most memorable wonderful book. It gives great pleasure and brought some of the events of my life in memory. You are lucky to have such grandparent and parents and you have portrayed their old age in detail. This will be provide guidance to all of us. Thank you very much and hope to read such books from you.
In my 43 years, I can only think of two doctors who have truly made a difference to me - Dr. Gawande is one of them. I went to Dr. Gawande as a second opinion about having a thyroidectomy because of suspicious thyroid cancer. He sat me down and explained there was nothing suspicious about it. He was firm in his belief of what I should have done, but compassionate and understanding. He treated me as a person rather than a number. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and sometimes more than once. In the time leading up to surgery, he always quickly responded to my emails and even called me once to reassure my fears. On the day of surgery, he came out and met my family and again and answered all of their questions. After surgery, not only did his nurse call and check in with me, but he called to check up on me himself - not once, but twice. One of those calls came two months following the procedure. His assistant was just as spectacular! Gawande makes you feel as if you are the first patient he's ever had when in fact, he has more experience in thyroidectomies than any of the doctors in my small town area did combined.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors for Cancer (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® For Cancer are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals as being the best in preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer and its related ramifications. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Gawande is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Atul A Gawande accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Atul A Gawande in this video.
Dr. Atul A Gawande is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.