Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aubrey K Harper has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Aubrey K Harper has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Aubrey K Harper is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Harper is a wonderful physician and always puts me right at ease. He takes the time to sit down and have a lengthy conversation about whatever problems I might be experiencing and what he thinks we can do to solve them. I never feel uncomfortable in his presence and he has a very calming and professional demeanor. The only reason I will EVER change my gyno now will be b/c I move too far away.
His priorities are right where they should be: the health & well being of your baby, and the health & well being of you. He's friendly, greets with a smile & handshake. I had a C-Section and he is an excellent surgeon as well. He has a cross eye, so don't be surprised when you first meet him. Any questions you have are thoroughly explained, although unless you ask he doesn't offer information. I think this is standard among physicians as they don't want to repeat what you might know. He is one of the most seen OB's in Macon, so if you get an afternoon appointment, expect to wait atleast an hour. Opt for first thing in the morning visits and you're likely to be in and out. Some of the receptionists are a little reserved, but all of the nurses and assistants are very friendly & make you feel very comfortable. The office & rooms are all very clean, and the hospital you will deliver at has a whole new wing for labor & delivery. The nurses there were excellent as well with the exception of one, which we requested to not see again, and the request was honored without any problems.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Harper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Medical Center Of Central Georgia
Dr. Aubrey K Harper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Specialty Care, 682 Hemlock St Ste 300, Macon, GA
Dr. Aubrey K Harper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macon, GA.