Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aubrey L Smith III
Dr. Aubrey L Smith III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amarillo, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Baptist St Anthony's Health System - Baptist Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Aubrey L Smith III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I had a problem with the right arm and had been to 3 different doctors (2 orthopedics) and still had no answers. Was referred to Dr. Smith and was very timid and expected the "usual" there is nothing wrong with you. From the moment I walked into his office I was completely amazed and knew I was finally in the right place. I was quickly greeted by his friendly and knowledgeable staff and even though I did have to wait a little bit to see him, it was worth the wait. The moment he walked into the room, I had his complete attention. He thoroughly examined me and listened to my problems (yes, a doctor that listens). He ordered some additional testing and finally figured out what was wrong with me. I had to have 2 different surgeries and had an excellent experience with both. The office staff is amazing and so was the hospital staff. I am back at the gym and living life to the fullest. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Dr. Smith!!
Spends very little time listening, and misdiagnosed the MRI. I'm still confused how that could happen. Stated the result showed a 90% tear on the tendon and surgery required. Then it took over a month to get that scheduled and accomplished, only to learn post surgery it was "adhesive capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder). Surgery is the LAST option for such a thing! 19k later (insurance covered about 15k of that and I carry the rest. I'm still dealing with it and no hope for short term relief, possibly a year or more to recover. That is the typical time frame for frozen shoulder with NO surgery by the way. I'm not sure how one can claim "specialty" when you can miss the mark so badly considering there was an X-ray and a MRI available, and enough conversation to understand clearly I had not injured it, it developed out of no where. I dislike having to be critical of anyone, we all make mistakes, but for this one, I feel the mistake was too grand not to give someone a heads up.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Aubrey L Smith III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physicians Amarillo Pediatric Partners, 1901 Medi Park Dr Ste 2051, Amarillo, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aubrey L Smith III in this video.
Dr. Aubrey L Smith III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.