Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Audrey E Foster-Barber
Dr. Audrey E Foster-Barber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Foster-Barber has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Audrey E Foster-Barber has the following 4 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Menkes Kinky Hair Syndrome (Menkes Disease)
- Incontinentia Pigmenti
- Ataxia Telangiectasia
- Cafe-au-Lait Spots
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Tuberous Sclerosis
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Neurocutaneous Syndromes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
19 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of California At San Francisco
Dr. Audrey E Foster-Barber accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcsf Medical Center, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Audrey E Foster-Barber is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.