Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aurora Lira has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 24
I scheduled a physical exam as a new patient and was able to get an appointment quickly. However, my overall experience was horrible.The doctor didn't understand some of the medical history I gave her, but wasn't interested in asking further questions to clarify. Then she tried to write me a prescription for an over-the-counter allergy medicine that I was already taking. She told me that I had to get a chest x-ray with my physical (I am in my 20s with no medical conditions). She didn't let me ask any questions, so I asked the nurse doing my blood work if that was standard and would be covered by my insurance. She said no.I was told that I had to pay a co-pay even though my insurance doesn't charge a co-pay for a "well" visit (it states that on the insurance card). The billing department said that no one told them it was a "well" visit and it was my responsibility to figure out how to get reimbursed by calling my issuance company. The billing department rectified this situation after I contacted the insurance company with the problem.Once my physical blood work results came in, the doctor called. She told me one of my tests showed a an excess of meat in my diet, however I only eat approximately one serving of meat every other day. I tried to ask her about other causes of this irregular lab result, but she wouldn't let me ask questions. The next day, she called me back as if she never spoke to me the day before and gave me DIFFERENT test results and again wouldn't let me ask questions.This was the worst experience I have had with a doctor's office. I am glad that I only went for an annual physical exam. I wanted to share it because if any of my tests showed a need for serious medical attention, these errors would cause must more severe problems than just an inconvenience.
Dr. Lira is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Elizabeth Medical Center Covington
61 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1952
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aurora Lira is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, KY.