Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aurora T Tiu has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Aurora T Tiu has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
Showing 3 of 3
We have been faithfully seeing Dr. Tiu since 2007 and after 5 years, her care has not waivered. She is consistent with all her appointments and NEVER rushes you so she can see the next patient. She is always available and is always pleasant. I have never seen her to be rude or unpleasant and she works well with all family members encouraging everyone to be involved in the family member's care!! BRAVO!
Although 9 out of 10 times, you probably will have to wait 30 minutes foryour turn, seeing Dr. Tiu is DEFINITELY worth the wait. She takes her time with ALL her patients, she is never rude or in a bad mood and she certainly makes you feel that she cares about the patients and the patients' family members as well. I am so blessed to have found her and I would certainly recommend her to anyone looking for a psychiatrist who wants to help. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and always availble to talk!!
46 Years Experience
Cebu Institute Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Cebu Institute Of Medicine
Dr. Aurora T Tiu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAurora Tompar Tiu Md, 3510 Bainbridge Ave Apt S1, Bronx, NY
Dr. Aurora T Tiu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.