Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Austin J Boyle III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I had a total hip replacement in 2012. The end result gave me my life back. It was like a miracle. He sensed my anxiousness and apprehension before the surgery, as well as my desire to participate in preparing my body for surgery and recovery. He made arrangements for me to attend Mt. Sinai's Joint Academy. He allowed me to start activities prior to the normal restrictions. He followed up and impowered me to heal well. I highly recommend Dr. Austin J Boyle, III and thank him for his care.
Unfortunately I had a bad experience with Dr. Boyle. He took some x-rays but did not feel like my problem warranted more attention that that. He was not able to give me more information about my diagnosis than what a general practioner had previously given me. After my initial appointment, he did not even want to schedule a follow up to see how it would improve with his recommendation to just rest. I ended up seeing another orthapaedic surgeon after waiting a month and a half and will now be getting surgery. My current orthapaedic surgeon was extremely distressed about the treatment I had recieved at Dr. Boyle's office as my diagnosis was relatively easy and he missed obvious problems on the x-rays taken (the x-rays my new ortho saw were in fact the same one's taken at Dr. Boyle's office). Overall I would HIGHLY suggest seeing someone else. Had Dr. Boyle been more interested in my care, I could've had surgery much earlier, been in less pain, and saved a lot of time and money.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Austin J Boyle III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin J Boyle Iii Md, 945 N 12th St # 1200, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Austin J Boyle III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.