Dr. Austin Corbett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Austin Corbett?

Posted on September 27th, 2016

Dr. Corbett is a very knowledgeable and caring Doctor that truly cares about his patients and getting down to the root cause without giving you an umbrella diagnosis. He works closely with the patient to find out what medications will help and educates the patient on these choices to make sure you know what can be expected and how the medication works. Thank you for all your office does to help your patients live a quality life.

Red Flags...

Posted on March 28th, 2016

I chose "excellent" for "accurate diagnosis" only because I was already diagnosed back in 2008 by a previous rheumatologist. I have since switched a couple times, due to moving. The only positive thing I can say about his practice is his infusion nurse and front desk person are nice and personable. I've gone to him for 5 months now and already have plans to switch to a new rheumatologist in 2 months. He treats rheumatoid disease more as "arthritis" and ignores all the other myriad number of symptoms and conditions that go along with autoimmune diseases. Other people have mentioned he is stand-offish and I certainly agree. He doesn't listen well and brushes off any attempt of self-advocating by a patient. Having had rheumatoid disease and other subsequent illnesses for 8 years now, I've learned to do my research, educate and advocate for myself respectfully. I always come prepared to visits with notes in hand. In my attempts, he brushed me off and rolled his eyes. Many doctors are offended by this but that is on them, especially those who refuse to keep up on the latest medications / tests / and other advancements. Such is the case with Dr. Corbett. He flat out told me any info he receives on a particular new, advanced test for rheumatoid disease, he throws away / deletes it. He is too old-school in his ways, which also causes problems between other health care providers, another thing I've experienced. He doesn't always seem "with it" in appointments and sometimes seems confused. Definitely due for retirement. Thankfully my new rheumatologist is on board with the latest and actually just finished his residency / schooling in 2012.

Fantastic Dr. !

Posted on January 28th, 2016

This man literally saved my life! He is very quiet but that doesn't mean he doesn't communicate. The people who have complained about this? Do you intelligently participate in your care plan? And the people he wouldn't take back? You sound rude and demanding! I wouldn't take you back either! He is the best and I am so glad I found him!

Posted on July 21st, 2015

I appreciate that his practice uses proven technology and doesn't waste my time with electronic gadgets, appointments and records.

Horrible Dr. Who does not care

Posted on July 6th, 2015

I was a patient of Corbett for about 20 years. He stated me on an infusion treatment at Penrose hospital . After about a year he started given the infusion in his office. I told him I wanted to continue. My treatment at Penrose , since it was 5 mins away. He did not say anything to me but send a letter to me and dropped me as a patient. He was upset because he was not going to get the money from this infusion. He would always ask me "what should we do.? " he is the dr. and he asking me what we should do. I do not recommend this dr. , he never looks up while he s writing

Posted on May 24th, 2015

After having such a horrible experience with my original rheumatologist , I found Dr. Corbett. I can tell you he listens to his patients and helps finds what works best for them . I love his staff , they really care and make you feel like family. I'm honored to be a patient . I would highly recommend Dr. Corbett.

Great Doc!

Posted on March 19th, 2015

Fantastic Dr. Experienced and truly caring!

Dr. Corbett is a great doctor!

Posted on August 15th, 2013

I have been with Dr. Corbett for about 5 years now, and he has been one of the most helpful doctors I have known. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, and it has been a long, everchanging process to find what medication will reduce my immune system enough to stop the degenerative process. He and his helpful staff have gone to great lengths to battle my insurance company to make sure that I receive the appropriate meds to help my condition- not an easy task, at times. I highly recommend Dr. Corbett- he is a doctor who does care about his patients!

Disappointed

Posted on July 16th, 2013

As a former patient of Dr. Corbett, I was satisfied with his care. However, now that I am able to see him again, he has refused. No reason. I have good insurance, made all payments and kept all appointments. Sorry that I was not allowed back, but there are lots of other doctors. Could have at least had the courtesy to tell me why I was refused treatment. very disappointed.

Shy but knowledgeable

Posted on April 24th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Corbett for 15+ years. For those who do not know him he seems very shy (may be perceived as indifferent.. this is unfortunate) but JUST TALK TO HIM. He will tell you everything he knows (which is alot) and whatever you want to know. He keeps up with the latest in Rheumatology treatments and really LISTENS TO WHAT YOU WANT. He offers multiple suggestions and has gone out of his way for me a number of times. He has called me just to check up on me. Liz, his office manager is AWESOME. She will help you find funds to assist with copays for meds and help you DEAL WITH insurance companies. The front desk could be a bit more excited to be at work but they do their job.

physician heal thyself

Posted on August 14th, 2012

nervous, sweaty/clammy-looking, hair sticking up, looked like he just woke up from a nap. he diagnosed me, sitting across from him at a desk, before entering the exam room. when i expressed skepticism of this pre-examination diagnosis, his face became bright red and he could barely contain his aggravation.

Happy so far!

Posted on June 30th, 2012

Dr. Corbett has been good so far. I am pleased with him and his staff. He is super knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Great with follow up calls (within 48 hours).