Have you seen Dr. Austin T Fragomen?

Mistake to see

I have very complicated tibial situation after bad fracture and infection situation. I came to see dr Fragomen on behalf of reconstruction of tibial plateau with knee replacement as well. I was waiting over 2.5 hrs in his waiting room, I was asking tons of not necessary questions by very busy nurse who pretty often ran out of my exam room for 20 or more min, then I was asked questions by young fellow doc who obviously barely has any experience. After 40 min sitting in the exam room I finally met with doctor. He spent max 15 min with me and only because I insisted he answered my questions and heard my concerns. I was partially successfull in my approach. He did not pay attention to serious questions I asked, or just whispered something to his fellow assistant. He made one suggestion and left the exam room saying that a front desk girl gives me names of two knee replacement surgeons. Also he recommended to get new ct-scan. It was it. 3 hrs driving to see him, 3 hrs waiting, 15 min apt., 4 hrs driving back. He charged 400$ since he does not accept Cigna, and over 1000$ for 2 xRs done at the end of the floor.

My surgeries have been difficult and not yet a success, but I would still give Dr. F 5 stars because of the way he has worked with me. He has stayed curious and empathetic and responsive over the course of a year of surgeries and treatment. He has been willing to always explore more or look at new variables if a pain has persisted or worsened. I came in with a complex case of mild displasia, femoral anteversion, tibial torsion and pain in my foot and hip that slowly took me from a Division 1 athlete to someone who didn't even want to attend social events because of pain standing and walking. I underwent tib/fib derotation with a fixator and he was there every step of the way to answer questions. He Himself would often reply to emails within the same day, and he offered sincere encouragement and understanding that this was a really tough and painful experience. I'm not better yet, but with a Doctor like Dr. Fragomen, I have hope. I can't tell you how many other doctors gave up or dismissed my symptoms as soon as their treatment plan didn't go as expected. He is amazing and has also been instrumental in diagnosing other conditions. He referred me to the right specialist for a shoulder injury that others couldn't diagnose for years. He goes above and beyond, it is really really appreciated. The wait time at his office is well worth it.

Retiresd

A truly gifted surgeon, who explains in detail what he will surgically do. He is friendly and spends a good amount of time explaining procedures. He helped me with a leg fusion and limb lengthrning to recover full use of my leg after it was cruhed in an auto accident. Highly recommended.

Patient/Spouse

When you think there is no hope with a leg injury that is so severe there is Dr. Fragomen. He has to be the most patient, smart, kind amazing Doctor. The confidence he possesses is without a doubt the Doctor you want on your side as well as his incredible staff. Suffice it to say we are so satisfied and to give him 5 starts is not even a question!

Dr. Fragomen

Dr. Fragomen is very dedicated to both his patients and his work. Unlike many other doctors, he shows that he truly cares about you and listens to what you have to say. He and his staff are always available to help with whatever you may need, whether it is answering questions via email or assisting with faxing paperwork, etc. I am so glad to have found Dr. Fragomen. With his expertise and in a few months time, I will be back on my feet with brand new pain-free, straight legs!

Fab experience

DR FRAGOMEN SEES U WALK IN FRIGHTENED IN pain And most of time u walk out reassured you will be a ok

Top Doctor Surgeon Great human Being

Professional & Caring

Dr. Fragomen is a great orthopedic surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone. Your first visit he is very thorough. He takes all the time you need and will answer all your questions no matter how long it takes. He is a very caring surgeon, after surgery he's always checking on you to make sure everything is ok. I've been seeing him for 9 years, multiple surgeries and never found a more professional or caring doctor. When things were bad he gave me his email address so if I had any questions or concerns I could get ahold of him personally and quick. Waiting times can get long, but he is well worth the wait, it is mainly because he is so thorough. I was recently in the hospital for a different surgery, under an ankle surgeon and Dr. Fragomen took time to come check on me and I was not even in as his patient. He has treated my son and he is great with kids too. My son loves him. He is very active in sports, so there's many injuries. The first thing he says is take me to see Dr. Fragomen. And you can get an appointment very easily. For a busy surgeon he always makes time and gets you in quick. He's been named Top Doctor in America for a reason!!

Dr. Fragomen is fantastic! I've also heard others refer to him as a miracle doctor. After multiple surgeries and seeing a ton of other specialists I won't see anyone but him. The wait could be lengthy but Dr Fragomen is well worth the wait!

A GEM OF A DOCTOR

I thank my lucky stars that I was referred to this Dr. I had a lot of problems due to a very bad fracture and Dr. Fragomen took excellent care of me.

one of a kind!!!

this is the best doctor ever hands down.very caring,kind,professional.

Great Doctor

I thank my lucky stars that he is my dr.The best for bone care.

Dr. Austin T Fragomen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.

Dr. Austin T Fragomen Is this you?