Dr. Avery S Katz Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Avery S Katz?

UNPROFESSIONAL TO SAY THE LEAST

My first time to see this doctor was a few days ago. First it took almost a month to get an appointment. After being somewhat "diagnosed" my medication was never sent to the pharmacy I have been calling the office and leaving message with no return phone call and every time I call it goes straight to voicemail. If your office is that busy maybe it is wise to have separate phone numbers for each doctor. I find this no only annoying but unprofessional as well. I wouldn't expect this doctor to rush to your side in an emergency. Look for another doctor.

Do not let this guy talk to you or your family

I have no idea yet if this guy knows his stuff or not. I just don't care. He is an awful, self-righteous, conceded, arrogant, person who you do not to talk too at a time of need. My mother-in-law had a bad stroke. He "examined" her for 3 minutes. Held her hands and waved her arms around for a minute while looking and talking to my wife. Her admitted he did not even look at the CAT Scan. Then proceeded to tell us she has no hope of recovery. We were of course upset by the whole situation but are realistic people ready for such bad news. BUT... and here is the worse part, I asked "ok, fine, but what are you basing your diagnosis on?". His answer, "I have 17 years of experience". I said "Fine, I respect the importance of experience, but what are you basing your specific diagnosis for this patient on?". I (we) expected something tangible. A test. What did he learn from waving her arms? ANYTHING. His answer: "I have 17 years experience". He did this 3 times. Once I felt he was tired of telling me this piece of gold and tried to leave. That's all we learned... that he feels there is no hope, and that he has 17 years of experience. I want more than anything for my mother-in-law to get well. But what would be better is if one day she can tell him personally what he can do with his 17 years of experience.

Rudest staff ever encountered

Rudest and most unprofessional staff I have ever ever come in contact with. Patient for more than 5 yrs. every visit he asked me questions which he should have known answers to. Like if my child was a boy or girl, and what ms drug I was on. Took weeks to return phone calls.

Massive change since 10' to 13' looking for new nuero

I have been a patient of Dr. Katz since 2010 and recently his office staff has become so rude you call yout placed in hold for close to an hour you leave messages expecting a call back and a week later your call is returned. My pharmacy had the same issue. Its sad he was sch a great doctor an i think he still is and is truly iver working himself and his staff and this maybe the cause of his poor attitude as well as his staffs lately.