Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Avery W Strickland
Dr. Avery W Strickland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brunswick, GA. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Strickland is affiliated with Southeast Georgia Health System Brunswick Campus. Dr. Strickland has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Avery W Strickland has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Avery W Strickland has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Avery W Strickland has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Avery W Strickland is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
He was my father's Cardiologist for over 20 years he is now my mother's and mine he is very thorough but doesn't try to run up patients medical costs like some others he is very considerate but does everything needed to find your health problem and to treat it. I do reccommend him to anyone that wants the best Cardiologist in Georgia.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Strickland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
54 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1964
Medical Center Of Central Georgia
Dr. Avery W Strickland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStrickland Certain And Jones, 2500 Starling St Ste 404, Brunswick, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Avery W Strickland, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Brunswick, GA, in this video.
Dr. Avery W Strickland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.