Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Avi J Bernstein
Dr. Avi J Bernstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Park Ridge, IL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Bernstein is affiliated with Holy Family Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Avi J Bernstein has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Avi J Bernstein has the following 10 expertise
- Spinal Disorders
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Cancer
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Spinal Stenosis
Dr. Avi J Bernstein has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Avi J Bernstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
he talks on his website (there is a video link) about how compassionate he is with his patients and how important it is to listen to their concern and to understand them and "educate" them..Nothing further from the truth.. He is rude, he talks to you like you are crap, he tells you that you are not in pain , you have nothing and go home..wow.. now after my appt. I did indeed find out that he "works" for insurance companies and he basically tells patients what he is being told to tell.. shame on you doctor!
Dr. Bernstein is the best! His staff is wonderful too . Would not think of having any other doctor do any back surgery I might need in the future. He is an amazing surgeon and person. He truly cares and you know it , you feel it. The medical world needs more professional caring skilled doctors like Avi Bernstein!
Dr. Bernstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Avi J Bernstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Spine Center, 1875 Dempster St Ste 425, Park Ridge, IL
Dr. Avi J Bernstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Park Ridge, IL.