Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Avijit Mukerji
Dr. Avijit Mukerji, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Mukerji is affiliated with Richmond University Medical Center, Sisters of Charity Medical Center-Saint Vincent`s Campus and RUMC-Bayley Seton. Dr. Mukerji has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Avijit Mukerji has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Avijit Mukerji has the following 3 expertise
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Avijit Mukerji is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Not only am I a patient of Dr. Mukerji for many years , I also take care of his patients when they are admitted to my hospital. We can all agree that we love him and his friendly staff. They make you feel at ease . I would highly recommend him .
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mukerji is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Richmond University Medical Center
Sisters of Charity Medical Center-Saint Vincent`s Campus
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
Staten Island University South
Richmond Univ St Vincents Staten Island
Lutheran Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of NY Bayley Seton
Staten Island Univ Hosp-Concord Site
Staten Island University Hospital North
Bayley Seton Hospital Program
28 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1985
Sisters Charity Healthcare System
Dr. Avijit Mukerji accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAvijit D Mukerji MD, 195 College Ave, Staten Island, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Avijit Mukerji in this video.
Dr. Avijit Mukerji is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.