Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Avis D Turner has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Avis D Turner has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Avis D Turner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Avis D Turner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
although I am not quite sure I got a thorough diagnosis as to what my ailment was. I was told that she would make an appointment with another doctor for me to see as well. When she called back with my test results a week later, I asked if the appointment had been made and she said "Oh, ok. I will do that now." It was around the holidays at that point. Then when it was time for my follow up appointment, I showed up and there was one other patient in the office with me. They took me back for blood pressure, weight, etc and then sent me into an exam room where I waited for over an hour. I could hear her walking in and out of other patient rooms while I waited. Keep in mind there was only one other patient there when I arrived. So after waiting an hour in the room I left. I was told that she would be with me shortly, however I had already been at my appointment for an hour and a half and needed to get to work. I will not be going back to her office.
Dr. Turner is thorough in her referrals. However she is very religious and that put me on edge. I have an IUC and she expressed her dismay over it. She gave me a lenghty lecture while I was in the stirrups about why I should have children and how my womb was created to carry children. I informed her that I am not interested in having children ever and she went on to interrogate me as to why. She made me feel extremely uncomfortable, more so than normal in the stirrups, over her prolife procreation views. This is something that is a personal decision and I don't think any doctor has any business of quesitoning it.
Dr. Turner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVa Tenn Valley Healthcare System York Campus, 3400 Lebanon Rd, Murfreesboro, TN
Dr. Avis D Turner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murfreesboro, TN.