Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aviva S Bernat has the following 3 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pain Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
This woman's bedside manner was ridiculous. She was in hurry the whole time to get out and told me about all her other patients problems and that was why she couldn't focus on me. I have a thyroid problem and had specific questions and she looked at her watch when I asked them. The only time she was interested in anything was when I complimented her on her bead-covered stethoscope and she proceed to give me an entire story on how and where it was made. What a joke! NEVER AGAIN!!
21 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Aviva S Bernat accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAviva Shira Bernat Md, 2001 S Barrington Ave Ste 116, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Aviva S Bernat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.