Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Avram M Cooperman has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Peptic Ulcer (Duodenal Ulcer)
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Common Bile Duct Cancer
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Breast Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Portal Hypertension
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Tumor (Islet Cell Adenoma)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Cooperman was my surgeon in 2002 for an insulinoma on my pancreas. His expertise in this field save my life. He is possibly one of the very best doctors I have had in my life- and believe I have had a lot of doctors! He not only removed the tumor, but also my gall bladder. Recovery was hard, yet he took the time to call me at home and check on me. Ive lost touch with him over the years, but I just wanted to say thank you again for giving me back my life.
I am sorry to see this man is still practicing- he once told me a lump in my breast wasn't cancer because he could tell by feeling it. I went a year without treatment and finally INSISTED it come out- surprise- wrong. That meant aggressive chemo, no children for me either, and I found out 7 of the 9 women he made similar mistakes with are dead. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Don't fall for the charm.
39 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Avram M Cooperman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaren Cox MD, 227 E 19th St, New York, NY
Dr. Avram M Cooperman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.