Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Avroy Fanaroff
Dr. Avroy Fanaroff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westlake, OH, with another office in Cleveland, OH. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Fanaroff is affiliated with Rainbow Babies' & Children's Hospital, UH Case Medical Center and Mercy Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Avroy Fanaroff has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Body Weight
- Cerebral Palsy
- Clinical Research
- Developmental Disorders
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Growth Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Lung Diseases
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Neonatal Jaundice
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy in Diabetics
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Fanaroff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rainbow Babies' & Children's Hospital
UH Case Medical Center
Mercy Regional Medical Center
Community Health Partners
LIJ Schneiders Childrens Hospital
53 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1960
Dr. Avroy Fanaroff accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Avroy Fanaroff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake, OH.