Is Dr. Aya Sultan the right Doctor for you?
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aya Sultan MD, FACOG, PHD
Dr. Aya Sultan, MD, FACOG, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Honolulu, HI, with another office in Honolulu, HI. Her specialties include Bariatric Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Dr. Aya Sultan has 2 locations
900 Fort Street Mall Suite 1040
Honolulu, HI 96813
Dr. Aya Sultan has the following 2 specialties
- Bariatric Medicine
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Aya Sultan has the following 14 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Ovarian Cancer
Showing 5 of 15
Very Caring and Knowledgeable
Self-verified patient of Dr. Aya Sultan - Posted on February 15th, 2019
More about Dr. Aya Sultan
Aya A Sultan, MD, Ph.D., FACOG is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Sultan combines her 20+ years of experience in medicine and research to offer her patients the most innovative, comprehensive, ...
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aya Sultan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.