Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aydamir Alrakawi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Aydamir Alrakawi has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Aydamir Alrakawi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
This guy does not listen to patients. His mind is already made up when he enters the room as to the nature of the problem. His mind is made up when he enters the room as to nature of the problem. His mind seems elsewhere during the visit. His solution to everything complaint is endoscopy, which comes with a long wait to schedule.
I had to go in for a colonoscopy and I was terrified. I was waiting behind the curtain and the nurse ask this doctor if he wanted to meet me and he snidely said "why?". The nurse asserted he was about to perform a procedure of my, that's why. He came in, looked bored, and gave me papers to sign. When I had the nerve to actually read what I was signing, he made a big display of sighing and leaning into the wall. I wish I would have gotten up and left.
28 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRapid City Medical Center Llp, 2820 Mount Rushmore Rd, Rapid City, SD
Dr. Aydamir Alrakawi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rapid City, SD.