Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ayesha Akbar has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ayesha Akbar has the following 11 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 43
This place had been the worst office I have ever been too. Its very hard to talk to a real person. Took a week to get them to call my drugs and then still call in the wrong ones. Seeing the doctor for the first time she knows nothing about me and looks at me and ask if I every thought of getting surgery for my weight. Orders a drug for me they can't even get. I had it with this Doctor and her office I'm going to find a new Doctor
I have been patient of Dr Akbar since 2004. I find she knows her profession very well and is about optimizing your health without filling you with medication. Many people want a pill & quick fix. Dr Akbar is looking at your long term health not just masking a symptom. She is not there to be your friend but an advocate for your health! You get what you put into your visit if you are not working toward your own health she knows it & puts in the same effort her patients do! I have recommended her to friends & family! Some don't want to change their diet so they changed their doctor stopped seeing her! She has helped me with my thyroid and hormone imbalances!
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Ayesha Akbar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFRANKFORT DIAGNOSTIC & TREATMENT, 10181 W Lincoln Hwy, Frankfort, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ayesha Akbar, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Frankfort, IL, in this video.
Dr. Ayesha Akbar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Frankfort, IL.