Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ayham A Ashkar MD
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar has 3 locations
16001 W 9 Mile Rd
Southfield, MI 48075
6071 W Outer Dr
Detroit, MI 48235
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Visit to Dr Ashkar
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayham A Ashkar - Posted on October 25th, 2018
My 3rd opinion was the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayham A Ashkar - Posted on October 21st, 2016
After seeing a fewl oncologists that I was referred to by my family physicians, I took a 3rd chance with a neighbor''s recommendation to see Dr. Ashkar. I guess it is true. Never accept a first offer and 3rd times a charm. This man cares for his patients. Sometimes you may have to wait a little bit but I would waste an entire day to see this doctor. Worth your time. Worth the wait. You owe it to your health and your sanity. If you need an oncologist, I have had my experiences with them, choose Dr. Ashkar. A doctor who cares, who is with you on your path, and stays with you. He hasn't let me down.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayham A Ashkar - Posted on April 21st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayham A Ashkar - Posted on June 20th, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ayham A Ashkar, MD - Internal Medicine in Southfield, MI, in this video.
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Southfield, MI.