Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ayham A Ashkar
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Royal Oak, MI, with another office in Southfield, MI. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ashkar is affiliated with Mclaren Macomb Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Troy and DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. Dr. Ashkar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 3 of 12
After seeing a fewl oncologists that I was referred to by my family physicians, I took a 3rd chance with a neighbor''s recommendation to see Dr. Ashkar. I guess it is true. Never accept a first offer and 3rd times a charm. This man cares for his patients. Sometimes you may have to wait a little bit but I would waste an entire day to see this doctor. Worth your time. Worth the wait. You owe it to your health and your sanity. If you need an oncologist, I have had my experiences with them, choose Dr. Ashkar. A doctor who cares, who is with you on your path, and stays with you. He hasn't let me down.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ashkar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ayham A Ashkar, MD - Internal Medicine in Royal Oak, MI, in this video.
Dr. Ayham A Ashkar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Royal Oak, MI.