Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey has 2 locations
158 Front Royal Pike Ste 200
Winchester, VA 22602
20905 Professional Plz Ste 220
Ashburn, VA 20147
Book Online Now
Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
The best psychiatrist I've ever seen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey - Posted on February 14th, 2014
Dr. Bakey was the very best mental health specialist I've ever seen. He really cares about his patients, and is nurturing of their health, time, and finances. He is also an excellent physician - he accurately diagnosed my problem and offered solutions that were exceptionally helpful. I'd happily recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey - Posted on June 7th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey - Posted on February 25th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey - Posted on October 21st, 2010
Dr. Bakey is an EXCELLENT Psychiatrist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey - Posted on March 23rd, 2010
Dr. Bakey is truly an excellent Doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about his patients. I've been seeing him for quite sometime now and have always felt that he's a caring, professional and knowledgable physician. In the beginning, it took some time to get the right mix of medications, but Dr. Bakey hung in there and kept me positive. We finally found the right medication and dosage and things are great now.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ayman A Abdelbakey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Winchester, VA.