Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Aysha Arshad has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Aysha Arshad has the following 6 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Aysha Arshad has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Aysha Arshad is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 13
I had afib and she was supposed to perform 2 separate ablation procedures for me. I was injured by a resident who actually performed the first procedure and she assured me that she would perform the 2nd one herself. After I was at the hospital and medicated I am informed that the resident who injured me the first time would be performing the ablation not her. I again awoke from the procedure in terrible pain in my legs and was told by her that I just needed to stretch. The pain continued for about 10 days and then I lost the feeling in my left leg. She kept telling me that it would pass with time and ultimately my primary cardiologist had me see a neurologist who told me that it was a blood clot that happened during the ablation that was causing the problems and if he had seen me within a week or 2 he could have corrected it but it was now too late to do anything about it, that the nerves were dead and I just had to live with it. Today I have no feeling in my left leg and foot plus my legs are scared due to the dead nerves.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
23 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Aysha Arshad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnnandale Family Medicine Pc, 7617 Little River Tpke Ste 710, Annandale, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aysha Arshad, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Annandale, VA, in this video.
Dr. Aysha Arshad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annandale, VA.