Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ayub A Merchant MD
Dr. Ayub A Merchant, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC, with another office in Greenville, SC. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Merchant is affiliated with Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital and Greer Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ayub A Merchant has 2 locations
200 Patewood Dr Ste B200
Greenville, SC 29615
317 Saint Francis Dr Ste 170
Greenville, SC 29601
Dr. Ayub A Merchant has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ayub A Merchant has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayub A Merchant - Posted on March 6th, 2015
bed side manner?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayub A Merchant - Posted on June 11th, 2014
It took the good doctor a full day to tell me the results of the tests when he knew them immediately. He did not talk to me, the patient til the next day. His bedside manner is lacking. The procedure went well. The next day I was to be released and it was 3:30 before it happened so I was charged another day in the hospital.My insurance company really likes that.
Dr. Ayub Merchant
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayub A Merchant - Posted on July 14th, 2013
I have IBS and reflux disease. Dr. Merchant is my Physician of choice. He is thorough, knowledgeable, kind, gentle and answers all my questions. He takes the time to explain things to you in a manner you will understand. His nurse Taylor is so kind and understanding. When I had a problem, she called the next day to see how I was doing. The staff is great also. If you choose Dr. Merchant you will not be disappointed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ayub A Merchant - Posted on November 17th, 2011
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Merchant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Ayub A Merchant Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ayub A Merchant is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.